Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Glaze
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 pork tenderloin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or ¼ teaspoon dried
- Pat tenderloin dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown meat on all sides, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer meat to a plate.
- Saute´ garlic in same pan until fragrant, 4-5 seconds.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add ½ cup chicken broth to pan and scrape up browned bits.
- Return tenderloin to pan and cook until the broth is reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and continue to cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pork tenderloin registers 145° internally.
- Extra chicken broth can be added as needed to create a glaze the consistency of heavy cream.
WW Points = 3