Recipe type: Main Dish
These chicken tacos start with leftovers from a rotisserie chicken.
- 8 ounces shredded leftover chicken from store-bought or homemade rotisserie chicken
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Diced onion
- Diced avocado
- Cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute red pepper until crisp tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add shredded chicken and seasonings and cook until heated through.
- Fill the taco shells with the chicken.
- Serve with condiments on the side.
WW Points = 5 without condiments