Burgundy Peppercorn Beef
Recipe type: Main Dish
Adapted from Weight Watchers Entertains
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced, optional
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces roast beef (leftover tenderloin, eye of round, sirloin or lean beef from the deli
- Heat medium skillet over medium heat.
- Swirl in oil.
- Add shallots and cook, stirring constantly until the shallots are wilted and translucent.
- Add mushrooms, if desired, and cook until browned.
- Add wine and pepper and simmer until the mixture is reduced, about 10 minutes.
- May be made ahead of time. Serve over warm or cold beef.