Hot Fudge Sauce
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: Makes about 2 cups
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed sweetened milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Gently melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler* or in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and salt to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Cook for five minutes, or until hot and slightly thickened.
- Serve immediately over ice cream.
- Maybe stored up to 3 weeks in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Reheat gently over low heat stirring frequently, or in the microwave on high, stirring every 20 seconds.15