Recipe type: Main Dish
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup white wine
- ¾ cup heavy cream or crème fraîche
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pitted black olives, halved
- Lemon wedges
- Pound the chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to ¼ inch thickness. Cut each breast into three pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Coat lightly with flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute´ chicken, turning once, until golden brown.
- Remove to a heated platter and keep warm.
- Add garlic to pan and saute´ until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in wine and bring to a boil. Cook for a few minutes and add cream.
- Simmer over moderate heat until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in artichokes and olives.
- Serve chicken slices with sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges.