Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175° C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and 2 teaspoons hot water.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together and add to batter, stirring until all flour in incorporated. Add to batter along with salt.
- Add chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.