Brie Leek Tartlets
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 package frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 2 ounces Brie or Camembert cheese, rind removed
- Melt butter in a small skillet. Sauté leek and garlic until tender.
- Add the cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Place tart shells on baking sheet.
- Slice cheese into 15 pieces. Place one piece in each tart shell.
- Top each with 1½ teaspoon leek mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes until heated through.