Horiatiki (Greek Village Salad)
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise in 1/4" pieces
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 oz. feta cheese, cut into thick slabs
- 8 kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, and onion is a bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and pour over tomato mixture.
- Transfer salad to a serving bowl and top with feta and kalamata olives.
- Garnish with additional oregano and black pepper if desired.