Recipe type: Salad
A great fresh vegetable salad that is a nice alternative to lettuce based salads.
- 4-5 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, rough chopped
- 1 cucumber, cut into ¼ inch chunks
- ¼ pound feta cheese
- Greek oregano, dried
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dozen Greek olives
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, green pepper and onion in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with oregano, pour olive oil over the salad, and toss. Just before serving, place the feta on top of the salad, either as a slice or crumbled, and toss in some olives. Sprinkle the cheese with oregano and pepper.