Cedar Planked Salmon
Recipe type: Main
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 7 ounce salmon fillets
- Soak the planks in water for 30 minutes.
- Light a gas or charcoal grill.
- In a small bowl, mix the mustards and hoisin sauce.
- Salt and pepper the salmon fillets.
- Drain the planks and pat dry. Set the salmon, skin side down on the cedar planks. Spread the glaze over the top and sides.
- Cook the salmon over indirect heat for about 15 minutes until browned and just cooked through.
See “Tips and Techniques” for information on grilling with indirect heat.