Recipe type: Beef, Entree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (1 ounce)
- 2 filet mignon steaks
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute´ mushrooms until browned.
- Add garlic and cook a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Boil until sauce is reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cream and gorgonzola.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sauce can be made ahead.
- For the filets:
- Sprinkle steaks with seasoning.
- Cook in grill pan until browned on both sides.
- Cook to desired temperature.
- Pour warm sauce over steaks and serve.