Panko Crusted Cod
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 4 skinless cod loins
- 1 cup Panko
- 1 egg
- Flour for dusting
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil or enough to have ⅛ inch oil in bottom of skillet
- Blot cod with paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- Season both sides of loins with salt and pepper.
- Whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water in a shallow dish.
- Place flour in another shallow dish.
- Place panko in a third shallow dish.
- Dust cod with flour, dip in egg mixture, dip in panko, coating well.
- Saute cod in olive oil over medium heat until browned and crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside, approximately 4 minutes per side.
Serve with Rosie Tartar Sauce