Recipe type: Vegetable
Serves: 6 generously
- 18 new potatoes, all red, all gold, or a mixture.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Optional: Could add fresh dill, chives, or rosemary. Be creative. Use what’s on hand.
- Scrub potatoes but do not peel.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes.
- Reduce heat to low and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are translucent.
- Potatoes can be made ahead and reheated or kept warm over very low heat.