Penne with Marinara Sauce and Meatballs
Recipe type: Main Dish
This is a fast and easy dish that begins with prepared meatballs and spaghetti sauce.
- 12 ounces italian style meatballs (beef or turkey)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces penne
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant (a few seconds).
- Stir in marinara and meatballs and simmer until meatballs are warmed through.
- Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add salt to water.
- Add penne, return to a boil.
- Boil, uncovered, for 9 minutes for al dente.