Caesar Salad Dressing
Recipe type: Salad Dressing
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1½ teaspoons anchovy paste or 4 flat anchovies
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup virgin olive oil
- 2 medium heads of romaine lettuce
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese — grated
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a room temperature egg to the boiling water and cook just 45 seconds. Remove egg from water and allow to cool.
- WHISK METHOD:
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper, anchovy, mustard and capers in a bowl. Crack egg and add to these ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add the oil in a steady stream while constantly whisking again until smooth.
- FOOD PROCESSOR METHOD:
- Place all ingredients in bowl of a small food processor and process until mixture is emulsified.