Recipe type: Vegetable, Side Dish
- 1½ pounds baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant (less than a minute).
- Add spinach, salt and pepper to the pot and toss with the garlic and olive oil using tongs.
- Continue cooking spinach until beginning to wilt, about 4 minutes.
- Remove spinach from pot and toss with butter and a squeeze of lemon.