Corn bread is a great quick bread option. I like corn bread served with chili in the cooler months or Southwest Chicken Salad in the warmer months. The recipe can also be used to make corn muffins.
Recipe type: Bread
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- Scant 1 cup of flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Combine milk and eggs in a bowl and whisk to blend.
- Add flour and salt to milk mixture, stirring well.
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray popover tin with cooking spray and place in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove tin from oven and spoon ¼ cup batter into each cup.
- Sprinkle with cheese for an added pop of flavor.
- Bake at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes until puffed and golden. Do not open oven while popovers are baking.