Seven Minute Frosting
Recipe type: Frosting
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup cold water
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, water, egg whites, and corn syrup in top of double boiler.
- Beat with a hand held electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Fill bottom of double boiler with water being careful that the water does not touch the bottom of the top insert.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Place insert in pan.
- Cook, continuing to beat, for 7 minutes. on high. Frosting should start forming peaks.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Beat 2 more minutes.