Grilled Shrimp with Pasta
Recipe type: Main Dish
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- ¾ pound spaghetti
- 4 scallions, white and green tops, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ pound tomatoes, diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Heat oil in small saucepan over low heat. Add tarragon and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 additional minute.
- Remove oil from heat and allow to cool.
- Blot shrimp with paper towels to remove excess moisture and thread onto metal or wooden skewers. Brush shrimp with 1½ tablespoons of the oil and season with salt, pepper and red pepper, if desired.
- Cook spaghetti in pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. About 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add remaining garlic/tarragon oil, tomatoes, scallions, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Top with chopped basil.
- Meanwhile, heat grill pan over high heat. Cook the shrimp, turning once, until shrimp turns pink and is just done, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the shrimp skewers on top of the pasta with lemon wedges on the side.